September 13, 2015: Rosalinda Guillen, Exec. Dir., Community to Community (C2C)
Speaker Rosalinda Guillen, Executive Director of C2C, and a widely recognized farm worker and rural justice leader. The stated goals of C2C are to:
- Empower under-represented peoples to have an equal voice in decision making processes
- Develop cross-cultural awareness
- Restore justice to our food, land and cultural practices
- Promote community relationships towards self-reliance
- Work in solidarity with those that strive towards human rights for all
- Rescue the value of feminine intellect and leadership
September 27, 2015: Festivals of Mabon: Autumnal Equinox
Ashley Benem, minister and pagan priestess will talk about the history of the festivals surrounding the harvest season and the autumnal equinox. She will discuss how these celebrations were once practiced across most European countries and how they are applicable here and now in our beautiful, bountiful Bellingham.
October 4, 2015: “Concerns & Solutions for Incarceration in Whatcom County”
Irene Morgan, founder of Restorative Community Coalition, will discuss the work of RCC in advocating for wholesome alternatives to incarceration that can bring harmony to our community with greater public safety. RCC is an action-oriented coalition advocating for restorative, economic, systemic and social change. Ms. Morgan has worked with and for many nonprofits in our community for 30 years. She has a broad understanding of the structures of the social service system and how alternative solutions can be implemented. Find more information at www.restorativecommunity.com.