“Elements of Honor” – Swil Kanim
Swil Kanim is a classically trained violinist, native storyteller and actor. Separated from his parents and the Lummi tribe at a young age, he spent the remainder of his childhood in foster care. After one of his teachers encouraged him to enroll in a school music program, the violin became his passion and he found his path to healing and personal honor.
The Elements of Honor Workshop is an interactive group discussion facilitated by Swil Kanim. He will lead participants through processes and exercises that demonstrate how honor can work in everyone's life. Specific questions the workshop will address:
· What are the four Elements of Honor?
· How can social change be ignited through Honor?
· How can the presence of Honor be increased in your life?
· In what ways do you see yourself as an agent of social change?
· How do you plan to recognize and acknowledge Honor in your relationships?
This event is followed by the BUF worship service at 10:30 a.m.