Tuesday, October 16, 2018

My Year in Kuwait, with Zanne Alder. Oct. 21, 2018 @ 9:15am.

Join us in the Conference Room to hear local author Zanne Alder tell of the harrowing experiences in Kuwait that eventually required her to flee under cover of darkness. She had gone abroad broken-spirited, hoping to fulfill her ideals. But the job at Shamiya School did nothing to ease her angst.

Yet, she says, she learned so much. “The extremity of the  circumstances I encountered required me to dig deep for strength, and even flourish. I called upon my spiritual reserves as a long-standing member of the Sufi Order. Opening to guidance, I received realizations I could never have assimilated in the comfort of my own culture. The guidance was calm, centered, certain and loving. I took risks I would not even have entertained were it not for being lost, and then found, in the desert of Kuwait.”

No comments:

Post a Comment